The Spices By Pink Oven Signature box gives you the best variety of all the spices. The Box contains 3 Spices of your choice encased in luxurious packaging. The Signature Spice Box also offers the best value and includes delivery!
Meatball Curry or better known as Kofta Curry is normally a quick curry cooked with either lamb, beef or chicken meatballs. The curry has tender melt in the mouth meatballs that are simmered in a savoury, flavourful gravy.
The Meatball Curry spice mix can be used in both the gravy and meatball mixture and helps to maintain a consistent flavour throughout the dish.
Meatball Curry Recipe:
- For Kofta Balls, add some Spices By Pink Oven Meatball curry spice Mix, soaked bread and onion in minced meat and use your hands to mix it together (you can also grind it). If mixing with hands, it is very important that you put some oil in your hands, so the minced meat does stick in your hands.
- Once done, apply yoghurt to your palms and make equal size meatballs to keep aside.
- Now for gravy, add oil and ghee in a pot. Once hot, brown the grounded onions (make sure you don't burn these, onions should be golden brown, not dark brown) and then add ginger garlic paste with a little water stir.
- Add tomatoes, remaining spice mix (except fenugreek), and Stir till tomatoes are soft. Add some water and leave for 5-7 minutes so that the tomatoes are well cooked and mixed into the gravy.
- Then add whisked yoghurt and green chillies into the gravy and Stir.
- Now fry Koftas on the frying pan for 10 minutes and then add it into the gravy to mix.
- Add 1-2 glasses of water and cover the pot to cook.
- Once cooked the dish is ready!
Roghan Josh is a tender creamy lamb curry packed with a large variety of spices combined with tender fall apart lamb. The curry is great for a nice family dinner or can be cooked to entertain guests and family with your amazing cooking skills!
Our Roghan Josh spice mix helps to cut out the lengthy process of weighing and searching for the long list of spices while still delivering on the amazing flavours and mouthwatering aroma !
Roghan Josh Recipe:
- Melt oil over medium heat in a large heavy-based pot.
- Add onion and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until pieces are golden and starting the brown on the edges.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cook for another minute.
- Stir in the Spices By Pink Oven Roghan Josh mix, cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the tomato puree and salt, then add stock and mix.
- Add lamb, stir, bring to simmer.
- Place lid on and adjust heat to low or medium-low so it's simmering gently.
- Cook 1 hour 45 minutes, giving it an occasional stir until lamb is quite tender - use 2 forks to check, it should pry apart pretty easily.
- Remove lid, and continue cooking for another 15 minutes (to reduce the sauce slightly) - lamb should be very tender by this stage.
- Stir in the Yogurt and fennel. Cook for another few minutes.
Mince Curry (commonly known as Keema Curry), is a flavoursome and light curry made with mainly lamb mince. The curry is subtle and light on the stomach which is great for those days where you don't feel all that hungry. Regularly, some people like to add vegetables to the curry to add an extra layer of taste with the most common vegetable being potatoes.
The Mince Curry spice mix helps to add that subtle flavour while reducing the cooking time to make it more convenient.
Mince Curry Recipe:
- Heat oil a pot.
- Add onions and fry till light brown.
- Add mincemeat, tomatoes, and ginger garlic paste.
- Stir and cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat for 7 minutes so the tomatoes can become soft.
- Add Pink Oven Mice Curry Spice Mix, dried red chilli and Stir, adding a little water in intervals, this will stop the spices from burning.
- Once the smell of meat is gone, add 3-4 glasses of water and cook on medium heat for 25-30 minutes so that the meat is cooked through.
- Optionally, you can add a vegetable of your choice too!
- Once the meat is cooked, and the oil separates, add green chillies and leave for 5 minutes to cook.
Signature Spice Box (3)
Store spices in a cool dry area away from direct sunlight and keep tightly sealed when not in use.
All spices may contain traces of the 14 common allergens which can also be viewed on our Ts and Cs. Pink Oven will not be held responsible for any allergic reactions or intolerances caused by the spices. Please let us know any food intolerances or allergies which may not be listed below before placing your order.